WiiMöB project now open to the public

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2007 at 9:07 PM
I finally decided it was more important to get the project out there and all the info in the wiki available to everybody, so I picked the New BSD license (there has already been interest expressed in using the driver for a commercial project, so I wanted to remain friendly to that) and opened the project to the public.

Currently there is source code in the repository that demonstrates a bluetooth connection using the Franson Bluetools stack (chosen for dual support of MS/Widcomm stack).

But it seems likely that any purely bluetooth work was a red herring, and we just need to tackle BTHHID.DLL and devise a P/Invoke library that will get us a Filehandle to the device through the HID stack.

The saga continues...
Jan 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM
I have some questions/comments and would very much like to become a part of this project.... how do I go about doing it? Also, I have been struggling with some fundamental questions such as, do you NEED a pin to pair a device (I suspect you do not... but that the bthidsvc.dll within windows mobile is requiring a non-null pin to continue the pairing process). Do I just need to load that sucker in IDA and change the Next button from grayed out to active (or is there some bluetooth architecture reason why a pin, even a meaningless one, is necessary to pair?) I think with a little bit of guidance from others I could contribute to this project and help get the WiiMote and Johnny Lee's software running on the pocketpc (...and on my axim x50v, outputting to HDTV). Please let me know how and if I can help.
Mar 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Hey justinb,

Hows the project going?
Im very interested in getting a controller for my ppc.
I really hope you havent given up on the project.

Im willing to try and help you and others develop this code, but I need to know some information. (Dont have a wii remote at the min, but will do soon :D)
How far did you get, were you able to connect to the mote?
Where you able to get reports back from the mote about its status?
How do you tell if the driver has been loaded? (ive followed your guide, but have no clue if I dont it right)
Which stack are you using, the MS stack or a specail one?

my email is, chris.mcna@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon,
Chris McNamee